It was held on March 30th our 8th Latin-MH Study Group with the theme "IntelliCare - Mobile Apps for Depression and Anxiety". This time, the speaker was Dr. Kenneth Weingardt, PhD from Northwestern University. The webinar was held online via Adobe Connect, and this edition was in English. Watch the video right now!
Dr. Kenneth Weingardt is Scientific Director at the Center for Behavioral Intervention Technologies (CBITS - www.cbits.northwestern.edu). Dr. Weingardt formerly served as the National Director for Mental Health Web Services for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, where he provided strategic direction and coordination for all mental health websites, and led the development of award-winning online courses and mobile apps found on www.veterantraining.va.gov. He has extensive experience in designing, developing, implementing and evaluating Internet interventions and mobile apps for behavioral health issues.
Dr. Weingardt latest publications are:
- IntelliCare: An Eclectic, Skills-Based App Suite for the Treatment of Depression and Anxiety (Mohr DC, Tomasino KN, Lattie EG, Palac HL, Kwasny MJ, Weingardt K, Karr CJ, Kaiser SM, Rossom RC, Bardsley LR, Caccamo L, Stiles-Shields C, Schueller SM);
- New Electronic Tools for Veterans (Weingardt KR, Greene CJ);
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Illicit Drug Use in Veterans Presenting to Primary Care with Alcohol Misuse (Cucciare MA, Weingardt KR, Valencia-Garcia D, Ghaus S).
- Northwestern University Faculty Profile (http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/faculty-profiles/az/profile.html?xid=33926)
- Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kenneth_Weingardt
The webinar happened on March 30th, online, in english. Dr. Ken spoke on the various particularities about the mobile interventions and showed how IntelliCare work. The discusion was very rich and ranged from ethics to technological work.
Lost it? Don't worry! You may watch the video of the study group by clicking link below!
Thank you for watching and supporting us!